School Alumni Associations
2014 IUSD Western Caribbean Cruise
January 26-February 2, 2014
Sailing on the Celebrity’s Silhouette
Who wouldn’t want to get out of the winter weather and be sailing the tropical breezes of the Caribbean? Come join Dean Williams and his wife, Lucy, on another fantastic cruise to the Western Caribbean on January 26-February 2, 2014. Our ports-of-call are: Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica, and Labadee, Haiti sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. As a bonus we offer 20 hours of continuing education, two cocktail parties hosted by the Dean, and a few surprises. You don’t want to miss out on the camaraderie of fellow alumni, friends, and a fantastic way to have fun in the sun! Download our brochure today for more details of the trip and how to sign-up or call Ambassadair at 317-218-0802 or 800-225-9919 ext, 283 to make your reservation.
Seeking Nominations for the IU School of Dentistry Alumni Association 2014 Award
Each year the Indiana University School of Dentistry Alumni Association recognizes and honors a few individuals who have made sustained contributions to the Indiana University of Dentistry and the dental profession. I invite you and/or component society to nominate a member(s) who has gone above and beyond the profession.
Nominees may include outstanding graduates and/or supporters of the Indiana University School of Dentistry who are not IUSD graduates, but have given much to the field of dentistry. Please keep in mind that these awards highlight their contributions to the field of dentistry as well as their contributions to their community, state or nation.
Hereís your opportunity to nominate your co-workers and other colleagues who deserve recognition for the difference theyíve made. You may nominate one or more people in each category. You may also choose to nominate yourself. The awards include:
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (presented to an IU School of Dentistry graduate for outstanding achievements)
- Distinguished Service Award (presented to an IU School of Dentistry graduate for exceptional service to the Dentistry Alumni Association)
- Honorary Member (presented to an individual who is not a graduate of the IU School of Dentistry, but who has been determined to be worthy of membership status)
- Certificate of Appreciation (presented in appreciation for specific contributions to the IU School of Dentistry and/or its alumni association; may, but need not, be a dental graduate)
All nominations will be given careful consideration and are decided upon by a committee consisting of your peers. Each award can be received only one time. Final decisions on the candidates will be made by February 7, 2014.
Please submit online nomination form. Our deadline for nominations is Friday, January 3, 2014.
Click here to view a list of former recipients.
2012 Fall Dental Conference
The 70th Annual Fall Dental Conference was held in Indianapolis on September 28-29, 2012. The 2013 annual alumni reunion weekend conference will be held for the first time in the spring. The dates for reunion weekend are May 17-19, 2013. This yearís conference will be held in conjunction with the Indiana Dental Associationís Annual Session. To register for the conference, go to http://www.indental.org/ and click on events.
2012 IU School of Dentistry 7 Night Alaskan Explorer Cruise
June 30 - July 7, 2012
The Indiana University School of Dentistry Alumni Association is responsible for the programs and activities for alumni. Some of the programs and activities include:
- The Annual Fall Dental Alumni Conference is held in Indianapolis, IN. Approximately 500 attend the two day fun-filled event. Activities include golf, tennis, a 50-mile bike trip, tours, luncheon, dinner, special class reunion receptions, brunch, special class dinners, continuing education, IUPUI Regatta, and many other special events.
- Regional continuing education events. Look on the alumni calendar for future dates.
- IUSD Alumni Association Board of Directors meet three times per year.
- Dental Hygiene Class Reunions
- Alumni receptions at dental conferences
- Emergency loan funds are provided for students by the Alumni Association for times in student's lives when unexpected emergencies arise.
- Several student programs and events sponsored by the Alumni Association.
- A $100,000 scholarship endowment fund by the alumni board provides selected students with additional scholarship opportunities.
- Biannual cruise in the Caribbean.
- Alumni serve on a variety of boards at the School of Dentistry.
- Available Practice Program is an opportunity for alumni to advertise for a hygienist, assistant, or an associate for their practices.
See the IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations Calendar of Events for upcoming School of Dentistry alumni programs.
IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations contact:
Karen Jones, (317) 274-8959 or email@example.com