IU School of Social Work Alumni Association
Alumni and Supporters
Glad you are here!
Welcome to the IUSSWAA website. We are very pleased to provide our alumni and supporters with this site. There are so many opportunities to help the school and the other alumni on issues facing our field of social work. While we have our own agendas it is the Indiana University education that we share. Our experiences may have been different, but it is the commonality of the School of Social Work that influences the way we work, practice, and live. We are always looking for better ways to serve our alumni. If you have time and would like to be more involved with the IUSSWAA, contact us. We need your talents to improve and expand our programs and services for all IUSSW alumni.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
301 University Blvd., Suite 1031
Indianapolis, IN 46202
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
17th Annual Indiana University School of Social Work
Continuing Education Conference
Friday, March 3, 2017
The Indiana University School of Social Work Alumni Association (IUSSWAA) is pleased to issue a “Call for Presentations” for our upcoming 17th Annual Indiana University School of Social Work Continuing Education Conference on March 3, 2017, in Indianapolis, IN. To make this conference a success, we need professionals to share their experiences and expertise.
Prospective workshop presenters are encouraged to submit proposals on a variety of topics. We are not excluding any possibilities but are looking at some topics past attendees have requested.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed with preference given to workshop proposals that are based on relevancy, best practices, audience participation and skill-building as they relate to best social work practices.
Conference workshops should be 90 minutes in length allowing time for questions and answers. Please specify the level of training that you will address: beginning, intermediate, and advanced. We encourage you to bring handouts and visual aids. If handouts are sent electronically to the Alumni Office they will be made available to participants electronically. If handouts are to be copied, they are done so at the expense of the presenter.
Regrettably, no honoraria is given to workshop presenters. The presenters do receive a complimentary conference registration including lunch.
Click here to submit your proposal electronically. If you are not able to make an electronic submission, you may email or fax your proposal to:
Indiana University School of Social Work
Electronic submissions are preferred. All proposals for consideration must be received no later than August 12, 2016. Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance of proposals will be on or before September 2, 2016.
- I. Title of Proposed Session (identifies the focus of the workshop, level of training, and catches participants attention)
- II. Training/Learning Objectives: Describe the new information and skills that a participant will gain as a result of attending this workshop
- III. Session Abstract (Paragraph format – approximately 140 words)
- IV. Audiovisual Needs (presenters may provide their own laptop computer, if preferred)
- V. Length of Workshop (90 minutes)
- VI. Submitted by/Primary Contact (name and complete contact information (including email address) for person submitting workshop proposal
- VII. Session Presenters (Provide name, title agency, address, phone and email for each faculty) * please note that presenters receive a complimentary conference registration including lunch; IUSSWAA cannot pay presenter fees or travel expenses
- VIII. Biographical Sketch (Brief paragraph for each Session Presenter)
- To convene a diverse representation of practitioners, trainers, and educators
- To provide an open forum for an exchange of ideas and a discussion of issues
- To build partnerships for enhanced service delivery
- To be innovative in planning for the profession's future
- To educate all participants on the critical issues in social work
- To share best practices
- To celebrate our successes
Seeking Nominations for 2017 IU School of Social Work Distinguished Alumni Award
Indiana University School of Social Work has many wonderful graduates who have spent their career improving the lives of others. Indiana University School of Social Work Alumni Association would like to recognize one of our outstanding graduates with the Distinguished Alumni Award. Please consider nominating a graduate who demonstrates outstanding professional service and leadership to the profession, community, school, etc. Nominees must have earned an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral degree from the IU School of Social Work. If you know of an IU School of Social Work graduate to nominate for this award, please go to the attached link and submit your nomination or download the paper form. Electronic submissions are preferred. This can also be a self-nomination. The deadline for submitting a nomination is January 6, 2017. Thank you.
To submit a nomination, please click below on the IU School of Social Work Alumni Association nomination link: http://myiuaa.com/nominations-sw.
Your 2015 Social Work Regatta Alumni Team
Job Search Strategies
Upcoming Board Meetings
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Meetings will be at 5:30 p.m. Location TBD
See the IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations Calendar of Events for upcoming School of Social Work alumni programs.
IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations contact:
Karen Jones, (317) 274-8959 or email@example.com