MPH Alumni Mentor Program
How to sign up to be a mentor
The goal of the MPH Alumni Mentor Program is to connect students with experienced alumni in the field of Public Health, allowing them to explore the profession with experienced mentors.
If you are an alumnus and wish to sign up to be a mentor, follow these instructions:
- Log on to www.jagjobs.org.
- Under the Alumni Mentor section, click on the hyperlink to navigate to the "Alumni Mentor Database."
- If you have never registered as a mentor click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page that reads Click Here to Register!
- Read the instructions and fill out the profile that the students will see when searching for a mentor. You can even select your specialty within public health (epidemiology, behavioral health, etc.).
- Once you have registered, you can log in at any time and view or make changes to your profile. You'll need to remember your username and password, so it's a good idea to write down somewhere.
- How frequently you are available to students is left to you. To protect your privacy, set "Student Contact Method" to anonymous. The student can send you an email without seeing your contact information.
- You determine your level of commitment to the mentoring relationship, which you can change at any time.
- As an alumnus, you can even search for a mentor using JagJobs.org. Instructions for how to search for a mentor can be found on the MPH Alumni Association Web site.
If you are a student or an alumnus looking for a mentor, click here.
For questions about the MPH Alumni Mentor Program,
please contact Jayme at 317-274-8828 or at IUSMalum@iupui.edu